We are committed to protecting and safeguarding your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection act 1998, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 and any other data protection legislation. This policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What is personal information and how do we collect it?
We collect personal information about individuals (including our clients, persons associated with or employed by our clients, or our business contacts), in order to provide our personal coaching or business coaching services and to effectively manage our business relationships.
Please be assured that all verbal and written information exchanged with your coach is totally confidential.
The types of personal information we collect may be individual basic contact details (i.e. name, address, telephone, mobile, email address, social media or meet-up name), business contact details or may involve detailed knowledge of an individual’s financial and personal circumstances depending on the particular service we are required to provide.
We generally may use personal information to provide specified professional services, and to raise awareness about business related developments or events that may be of relevance or interest to you or the group. Personal information may be shared within our group to communicate information about our wide range of business services.
1. What information do we collect online?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
• information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views).
• information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
• information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
• any other information that you choose to send to us.
We may use both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies on the website. We will use the session cookies to: keep track of you whilst you navigate the website. We will use the persistent cookies to: enable our website to recognise you when you make subsequent visits to this website.
Session cookies will be deleted from your computer when you close your browser. Persistent cookies will remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach a specified expiry date.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites[, including this one.
3. Using your online personal data
We may use your personal information to:
• administer the website.
• improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
• enable your use of the services available on the website.
• send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
• send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications).
• provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user.
• deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
In addition, we may disclose information about you:
• to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
• in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
• in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Where we have outsourced a function or activity to an external service provider we will only disclose personal information that the service provider needs to undertake that function or activity, and we require external service providers to enter into confidentiality agreements prohibiting them from using or disclosing personal information for any purpose other than to carry out the function or activity for which they are engaged.
5. Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
6. Policy amendments
7. Your rights
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
You can always at anytime unsubscribe from receiving marketing material by emailing us or by not being a member of our groups.
8. Third party websites
The website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
9. Updating information
Protecting personal information is a priority for us. We consider security and confidentiality when handling personal information. It is important to us that the information we maintain, and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If at any time your personal details change, please let us know so we can update our records.
Policy Updated 24/05/2018 We may alter this or amend this policy without notice.